Sunday, August 08, 2004

The Sunday after...

Wow. I haven’t had a night like that in a long time.

The first get together went really well. It was just an afternoon barbecue and a few beers. Our team has been together for six years or so now and a significant number of the original members are still on it. It was at the house of one of our female players. Her husband is a total Jeep fanatic as it turns out. He showed us his completely customized, 8” lift, off-road machine. It’s a blend of CJ, TJ, and YJ. Everyone couldn’t understand why I was selling my Jeep but I didn’t want to go into all of the agonizing detail. He also runs a Jeep web-site and said he would be glad to post it online, so that was a bonus.

We finished there at about 8:30 and I bought more beer and joined the poker party. I am not much of a poker player but I really enjoy playing. I think I did pretty well considering but I didn’t take any money home either. They were drinking a lot and I didn’t turn any down and in retrospect I should have. Man was today rough.

To start it off, I woke up at my friends house. They were up and about all ready and razed me about how funny I was last night. I couldn’t see any major stains or damage so apparently nothing really bad happened. I’m glad they got a kick out of it and weren’t upset or anything. I’m just a clumsier version of my normal self when I’ve been drinking. I don’t fight, get emotional or any of the other annoying habits that sometimes accompanies being drunk. Still, I didn’t want to pass out at the party. I was really enjoying hanging out with old friends and didn’t notice when I had had too much I suppose. I went home and slept another six hours and then dragged myself out of bed to get the kids.

I’m still hurting but a little wiser too, I hope.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home