Thursday, August 05, 2004

What a difference one phone call makes

I didn’t get a single call the last time my Jeep ran in the paper. Today was the first day it ran again and I got a call already. I think I really pissed of Murphy of “Murphy’s Law” at some point. During the call that showed up as unknown, not only did I lose signal, but then the phone shut off. With no beeps or warnings my month old phone was dead. I had to "Sprint" to my car to grab the charger that I happened to bring along. Luckily he left a message with his number. The guy wanted to see it today so I had to rush home. He seemed to like it but said he would “get back to me”. I’m not disappointed by any means; at least I got a call. Maybe I’ll actually get the Jeep sold this weekend. Enough time has passed where I’m not such a wreck about actually selling it and I’m getting rather impatient. That helps, but I’m sure it will be a real shocker to see someone else drive it away, for good.

The rumors have been flying all over work for the last two weeks. Today was rumored to be the day of the biggest layoffs we’ve seen in a while. Nothing happened but Friday’s are more typically when this sort of thing occurs so we’ll just have to see how things go. I had a rather productive day. By chance, or thorough troubleshooting techniques as I’d rather say, I found the cause of a problem that had been plaguing the designers for weeks. That’s my job, I point to the problem. Fixing it is a whole other mess that I try to stay out of. I recently came to the realization that I’ve worked for this company for a 3rd of my life. I don’t really know what to say about that. I think I’ll be the first person in line to kick my own ass if I retire from this company.

I have an end of season party and a poker party to go to this weekend. That’s not one, but two social events to attend on the same day. My mom has already agreed to take the kids and with any luck they’ll spend the night. Some of these guys I’ve known since the 2nd grade, others high school and later. Both were quite some time ago either way. I get to go solo of course but I’m getting better with that. After 11 years I finally decide to call it quits and now all of my single friends are married. Go figure…

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home