Friday, August 13, 2004

Friday

I enjoy Friday’s like this one. The kind where your good friends that you rarely get to hang with call you at the last minute, inspiring you to lie to your boss to get off early, then tell your wife (who doesn’t live with you anymore and would have had a coronary when she did) that you’ll be out drinking until who knows when so hold on to the kids until I get there, and then go and have a very relaxed and enjoyable beer or three.

It was fun, we didn’t get anywhere near drunk and ended up at his house because his wife was going out. He needed to watch the kids so we had one more beer and showed his kids how to do chip shots with rotten apples. A good night for me at least.

I picked up the kids and we went home. They have all disappeared into my oldest daughter’s room, which is a good sign until I hear screaming. That has only occurred about 3 times so far and only one of them sustained to the point where I needed to check for foul play or battery. All parties involved were cleared of any charges and remain at large.

So goes a typical Friday night at our house. I have had more to drink than usual however and need sleep desperately. If only they were more trust worthy and tired…. So, I’m writing this to you in an attempt to stay awake….
Fej.zzzz…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home