Thursday, April 27, 2006

Need to talk...

Hey. It was one of those weeks. One of those nights. Whatever, you know, just one of those times when you need someone to talk to. Or more specifically to the point; when I need someone to listen to me.

My dippy dogs don’t cut it. They are more concerned with what I’m snacking on. I’ve been working some rather ridiculous hours. I literally congratulated myself the other night on making it home by 7:00 PM. Then I realized that I had gone to work at 7:00 AM that morning and I was only excited by the fact that the sun was still up. Stupid daylight savings…

I went on another date. While it won’t go anywhere, apparently I’m datable and I’m not going to throw myself head over heels at the first or second pretty woman that happens by my way. I was kind of worried about that.

My ex called tonight and it was obvious after 10 minutes or so that she was trying to keep me on the phone and she had bigger issues to talk about. She definitely did. Have bigger issues I mean. Let’s just say that my past suspicions were on target more than I’d have liked. She’s still alive and our kids have a mom. That’s why I did everything the way I did I guess. I’m not going to go into specifics but lets just say that if I ever get nominated for a Supreme Court position, be sure to tune into C-SPAN. It ought to be some good programming.

Then I reassured her, at her request, that there was no chance we could be together again. The words came relatively easy for me but hearing her reaction was somewhat unsettling.

The direction of things haven’t changed. I suppose its just grasping reality in the face of unwanted change. Who the hell enjoys that?

Jeff

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally hear you. My situation is very different but it's the process of change when quite frankly you could do without it!

Good luck and I hope it all starts falling into place.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

jeff... decisions made are decisions you need to keep to if you want to be taken seriously in the future, unless there are desperately pressing issues not to do so... (read children etc..)

nevertheless, you stick your ground and don't let your own life/wishes/expectations be compromised, look to the children for hints and intuition if you're stuck at moments...

keep well...

4:07 PM  
Blogger Noala said...

Hey Fej :)

I concur with the unwanted change thing. Unwanted change thrust upon us by others suck majorly.

All you can do is be honest with yourself and, like Bart said, don't allow your own needs be compromised - particularly by the one that did the thrusting.

Take care.

8:16 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

ughhhhhhh.. it is always hard to have to be kind of blunt with someone that you loved. especially since she will always be somewhat in your life, at least until the kids are over 18...

yay you for being dateable!! you need to post a photo & let us be the judge... ;-)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home