Sunday, January 08, 2006

This Time, it's for Real.

I have a dinner date for this Thursday night. No, a real one. She smiled at me, rather earnestly. I doted around like an idiot for a while but eventually made it around to introducing myself and asking her to have coffee with me. All while at Target and both of us with kids in tow. Lucky I still have that behemoth of a vehicle…

Okay I’m getting a little ahead of things. We talked last night for a while. It went well. She is aware of my situation and I am of hers. She’s pretty. I cleaned my closet and it was like the biggest project I’ve taken on in years and I’m not sure if the two events are related or not.

So, given our limited history and a successful call on Saturday, none on Sunday, do I call tomorrow? Hold off a bit? Wait until Wednesday night? I can’t find a dating manual to fit my situation and lack of experience. Eh, I’ll wing it.

Jeff

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Firstly, welcome back...
Secondly, woo hoo for the date. Woo hoooooo!!!
Lastly, as a woman and if i'm interested, I would think you're really interested in me if you called on Monday..but if I were you, I would call on Tuesday.

;-)
Ro
PS oh, and happy 2006!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

Ro, I went to check in on you and my link no longer appears to be correct. I hope things are well for you.

Trisha, ...thanks.

7:13 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

fej-- GOOD for you!!! that is awesome!!!!

and she knows "the situation"...

you are totally starting off on the right foot..

if you haven't called, call tomorrow. otherwise, her feelings might be hurt.. I always hated sitting around waiting for a call.

and she's pretty? icing on the cake. good for you--- you deserve to have some fun..

8:35 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Yeah, what Trisha said.

If you guess when to call and all that it becomes a game. I mean don't go camping out on her front stoop or anything, but call her if you want to.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

GOOD LORD MAN!

Way to keep us in suspense! :->

Did you call her? When?

What happened next?

5:30 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

how did it go?????

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home