Friday, October 28, 2005

My First Week

Oki Dokey. It was an easy but rather difficult and trying week. Yet I survived and made it to work on time 0 of 4 days for the week.

I was sucked into an engineering meeting for 2 hours of my first day but for much of the rest of the week I haven’t done a whole lot. I’ve read everything I could about the company, their product, the technology, the competitors and various potential vendors that I’ll be bugging soon. I only surfed minimally for non-business purposes. If you were a fly on my office wall you would have fallen to the floor many a time in total shock at how I used my time and resources at work for only work related purposes.

About the late part. Um, well, if you really knew me and my history and my tendency to attract negative or more specifically "non-punctual events” to prevent me from being on-time to work… well you’d be quite impressed!

I was about three minutes late my first day, maybe four-five the second day, close to 14 the third day, and well back to three or so today. And let’s just point out that today I was well on my way to being early had it not been for that slow moving and rather long train this morning. Seriously, there is me and the whole not wanting to get up and all and then there is the entire universe being aligned against me and my attempts to be punctual.

So now that I’ve been there four days and have shown up well before 90% of the people who work there, I think it’s about time that they see my true colors. After all, I have sacrificed soooo much already…


Jeff

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the entire universe being aligned against me and my attempts to be punctual--

Isn't that a true statement! :)

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so that explains the clock on your blog...

7:35 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Oh let the 10,000th be me. LOL! I'm so selfish like that..:)

Wow..I can only imagine what it has taken for such punctuality with 3 kids and all those animals over there.
xoxo
C

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home