Monday, October 10, 2005

The Things Between

I don’t like it when I do this, but I’m just filling in the days right now. The days in between. In between now and some future date that I seem to think my whole life depends on.

It’s a rather ignorant and petty way to think when all that really matters in life is so much more simple, but not always so obvious. Even though it’s right there, right in front of you.

It’s not always about money, or a job, or whatever may be dominating your life at the moment. Usually, what you spend the most time on is not necessarily what you would really care the most about, given the chance to reflect a little. In fact, it’s all too often what you aren’t worried about, what you expect to always be there that is most important.

I have to remind myself of this all the time. I hope that counts a little bit.

Jeff

6 Comments:

Blogger cmhl said...

hey, you are right--- sometimes the things we take for a "given" as always being there, are the things that are most important to us..

hope you are having a good day.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

I completely know that feeling. Some days I feel that way and I need to remember that for a short time I am actually doing what I want to by raising my kids.

Days full of poop, parks and screaming toddlers make it difficult to remember that...good post!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

Wow this hits the nail on the head beyond belief, glad someone summed it up so well.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

once you've found the quiet again, you can also see that the most ordinary, mundane things in life carry a quality that the fleetingly infatuating miss... there is such beauty in quietness and in unobtrusiveness but none of us wish to see that in the onslaught of commercial noisiness...

mini-rant, OK... hope you don't mind...

3:15 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Man. You have no idea how close this hit to home.

Thanks for the reminder. I needed that!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Noala said...

So very true Fej, and it's sad that often the only times we realise it is when those things are taken away from us. Tis good to see someone remembering those things and reminding us all of this very simple truth.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home