Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Where I'm at. Where I might be going.

I don’t know how much more I’ll be blogging. I’ve obviously been slacking pretty badly. In the past, my excuse has been that while I’ve been ignoring my own blog I’ve at least been keeping up with all of yours.

That hasn’t even been the case. Here is the problem:

There is this guy that needs more attention. He has been worrying about everyone else for a long time now. He doesn’t get much time to himself and when he does, he doesn’t even know what to do with that time. It’s new territory for him.

This guy suggested something a few weeks ago kind of figuring it wasn’t a likely possibility. But then things happened. Other people needed help (of course) and this suggestion he made came up again.

So, he’s giving this suggestion he made a chance. It’s new, different, and so far working. He has a new job and has to travel a little more, so the timing is also somewhat appropriate.

……….


I probably won’t stop blogging any time soon, but it’s probably going to slow down even more than it has. It’s been such a huge help to me to have a friendly and responsive medium to express my thoughts and meet people and to learn. I’ve made many friends that I’ll not likely ever meet in person, but that doesn’t reduce the influence they have had on my life. Especially given these last couple years have been a bit exceptional

My main point here is that I could easily be blathering away again in a day or two but I don’t think that’s very likely. And if I visited your site daily in the past and now I’m not, it has nothing to do with you. It’s just that I need to work on me for a while, now that I have had the chance to get this far.

Yup. That’s where I’m at.

Jeff

10 Comments:

Blogger Faisal ... said...

I guess that this refers to me :-)
Work (and time) is the main obstacle to my blogging life. There is so much I want to write but as time goes by it is really too much too write :D. Anyway, you are not really like me - you are more commited.

Good luck with your work.

5:15 AM  
Blogger Noala said...

hugs to you Fej, hope everything turns out well.

8:07 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

good for you fej--- fully immerse in your life--- always a good choice.. don't abandon "us" though completely!

2:55 PM  
Blogger ro said...

sounds like you need some me time and i admire that, but you'll be missed. really.

;-)

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Wishing you the very best, as always.

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling! I think blogging comes and goes in waves. Good luck with work and life!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Yes, in the words of the great Willie Shakespeare, "Above all, to thine own self be true."

And to thine ownself eat well, sleep well, be loved well, etc.

I'm sure that's what he meant.
Hopefully we'll still see you around from time to time.
Cheers-

12:40 PM  
Blogger != said...

Fej, Good luck with Everything.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been sluggishly posting, too. It's hard to keep up with it all, but good luck in whatever you decide.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

jeff, i know how it goes, life's got important things going and you need to deal with them...

i've appreciated your writings, although i've rarely commented i felt connected here because you've got things going in your life that resonate through mine as well...

go for it, just drop a line once in a while and maximise happiness for yourself and your kids... good luck ;-)

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home