Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Bit More From Me

Hey all. I’m still around for the most part. I still don’t get to read up on your blogs much so it really adds a tinge of guilt when I see you folks still checking in on me and leaving comments to boot. Thanks though.

If you were worried that I was off and heavily involved in a new relationship with my recent date, no need. Nothing has happened since and I’ve decided to not call anymore. Here is what I suspect: she inadvertently dropped a few comments that made me a little suspicious that she was still into her ex. They were subtle mind you but with him having trouble with his new wife and her and me going from another date to unreturned calls, it just made me wonder.

And that ladies and gentlemen is something that this guy with a freight train of his own baggage does not want to get involved with. Egad.

Several good things have come out of this though. For one, I went through some racked nerves and even a butterfly or two in my stomach and came out unscathed. This may not seem like much to you but let me tell you; this is big. My dating experience prior to marriage was minimal and well for lack of a better description, rather juvenile. I was just a teenager then. Also, I realized that I really need to get this freaking divorce over with! Yeah, that’s kind of a big deal…

I’m really starting to miss my kids too. It took a little over 2 months but I’ve come to realize that I’m not much for the single life. I realize I was okay with the full time dad stuff. Sure lunches, cleaning, homework, driving, driving, driving, stress, silly rambling conversations about the logistics of volcanic eruptions in our backyard and getting them to bed on time were tough sometimes. But I really miss it. A weekend night or two is quickly proving not to be enough. But this arrangement is still working for the original reasons we did it. I guess.

Someone gave my daughter a turtle for her birthday. They wanted to get rid of it and she wanted one, everybody is happy right? Well, I was a little less than thrilled when I came to find out that this particular turtle is illegal to buy or sell in our state, prefers to eat live bait, needs a ginormous aquarium and can live up to 75 years. Go figure.

Jeff

5 Comments:

Blogger Bart Treuren said...

hey jeff... thanks for the honest update, you're doing well and learning to separate the chaff from the corn...

it's difficult, giving a life a new direction because we seem to love the tried and familiar avenues, but after being adventurous the perspectives shift and we wonder why we spent so long waiting, wondering and procrastinating...

you seem upbeat, i'm imagining your life has settled a little... in the end, peace is the answer...

keep well...

2:43 PM  
Blogger Noala said...

Just thought I'd leave you a 'Hi'

7:40 AM  
Blogger cmhl said...

75 years old? you had better just settle in for hte long haul w/ the turtle.. eeeek.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Hey Jeff, glad you're ok. I've been lax in my blogreading of late, too.

Sounds like a good call to follow your instincts with your date. You certainly don't need to get involved with anything or anyone complicated right now.

I relate to the missing your kids thing. Lately if I drop Lucas off for chess (2 to 3 hours on a Saturday afternoon) I start to feel kind of useless. Weird.

Take care and stop by soon!
xxo
pg

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I miss ya, but am glad to hear that you are doing well (i.e. the butterflies in stomach, coming to realizations, etc.). Keep us posted when you can and we'll be keeping our fingers crossed that the cops don't come busting into your house to remove said turtle.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home