Tuesday, May 24, 2005

More Awkward Moments



My sister-in-law, the one back in town because she is also going through a divorce, whose son I’ve been taking care of on the weekends, the same one who made for the awkward moment a couple weeks ago, you know the one. Anyhoo, I took care of her son last weekend again, he was a handful but we all survived. She called yesterday to say thanks. I was in the plant so I didn’t actually get the call, but the message went fine until, “By the way, your voice sounds sexy on you message.”

Geezloueez

Since I’m horribly void of anything else to blog about, let me take you back about… holy crow, has it been that long? Well, a few years back anyway. My company was having the biggest layoff of all, in December of course, and there were many, many nights and lunches out drinking to celebrate, er uh I mean, well I don’t know, it’s just something we always do when someone gets laid off. Anyway, my one good buddy, of course wanted to go to the strip club for his going away party. Begrudgingly, we all agreed to go. This party included my boss and my boss’s boss.

I knew of this a few days ahead of time and wanted to make sure with my wife that her sister would not be dancing that day. This same sister-in-law was a dancer for a year or so back then. My wife assured me she didn’t work that day, it shouldn’t be a problem. I just wanted to avoid that whole awkward situation. My wife wasn’t at all concerned since the time I fell asleep at a strip club. No, I didn’t pass out, I fell asleep. (Note to you married guys, have your friends complain about you falling asleep in a strip club and you get a life-time pass afterwards…) Anyway, my wife insisted she wasn’t working that day, I’ll bet she never even called.

It’s Christmas time, we’ve all had several drinks, I point out the lady dressed up like Santa to my boss as she goes up to dance, I don’t think we really paid much attention. Then, Dancer-Santa comes up looking for lap dances and exclaims, “Jeff!” Plops down on my lap, and proceeds to introduce herself to everyone I work with. I still have people asking about her at work.

Fej

8 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Now that was the best blog you've written in so long! I had no idea that the sil was a former stripper (don't be nice and call her dancer!)LOL!!! She plopped on your lap and introduced herself. Ok, so the "your voice sounds sexy" comment is such a come on..!!!!! OMG! I'm just cracking up. I'm soooo glad you had the energy to write that. I soooo get what type of woman we're dealing with here. Oh hunny it's in their gene pool. LOL. Toooo Tooooo funny! I already know you're not going to touch her with a 50 ft pool, but you need to make it soooo clear to her. Maybe you should tell your wife (get her a little pissed and have her tell the sister to stop.) Ok...and yes pink Uggs. Yes a girly girl...what did you think?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I'm a sister of an ex stripper. And my ex actually wanted to go to the club to watch her. Fu....ummm idiot.

Well I can see that this one particular SIL is a pain in the bazookas. So tell us what you really think! ;P

9:37 AM  
Blogger Stepping Stones said...

Run! As fast as you can from the SIL stripper! I see trouble on the horizon w/ this woman. LOL

3:30 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

Excellent story... the right person at the wrong place at most definately the wrong time :S

4:13 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

that sounds like disaster just dying to happen! run like the wind! run!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

I just laughed when I got the message, I can't believe she might be serious though. I have too many nasal problems to sound "sexy".

7:59 PM  
Blogger Peanutt said...

Maybe you should avoid PHONE calls with the woman! Ugh, she wants you bad! LOl

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

LMFAO!!!!!!! Your nasal comment made me giggle outloud.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home