Monday, May 16, 2005

Technology Gone Awry

Here is the kind of day I had:

I needed to call and see if my kids were going to be picked up today. I don’t like to burn my mobile phone minutes when I’m right next to a landline especially when coverage in my office is crappy. So I dial the number from my desk phone and wouldn’t you know it, of course I get an incoming call on my mobile phone just as soon as the other line starts to ring. This happens all the time, if I only get two phone calls all day long, then they are always within 30 seconds of each other. Anyhow I notice my caller ID on my mobile phone says it’s a call from my work. Weird I think to myself, why don’t they just try my desk? I answer but no one is there, then I decide to just hang up my desk phone to take the mobile call, but as soon as I hang up the mobile line goes dead too.

Duh.

I called myself. Maybe tomorrow will go a little better.

Fej

6 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

Geek...!

10:08 PM  
Blogger TMock said...

Yours is the second blog I've read today who has done the same thing!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

bwahaha... perhaps you'll get a return call tomorrow :D

12:34 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I had a friend in HighSchool that accidently called my house in the middle of the morning because she thought she had dialed her house. This was at 5 in the morning b/c they had returned from a school trip. Needless to say she was somewhat embarressed that she had called my mom "mommy".

9:26 PM  
Blogger Stepping Stones said...

You, my dear, just had a blonde momment. Welcome to the club, because lord knows I have them all day long. LOL

9:28 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

At least it wasn't much of a conversation before I figured it out.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home