Saturday, May 21, 2005

Bad Father or Coolest Freaking Dad Ever?

I suppose it all depends on who you ask. Question my children or a couple nephews of mine and they will choose the later. Ask a responsible adult or emergence room doctor and they would have my trampoline taken away from me.

Yes, my kids have been jumping from the roof onto the trampoline all day. It all started innocently enough, it wasn’t like I planned this out or anything. I was up on the roof late last night getting my silly swamp cooler operational. The ladder had to be placed right next to the trampoline and the kids started jumping from the steps of the ladder gradually moving up higher and higher. They were already jumping from the top step when I realized what was going on and then they asked if they could jump from the roof. I figured that would be safer than jumping from the top of the ladder, I could just see it slipping or something.

And uh, yes, I tried it too. It was WAY COOL!

I also took the top off of my Jeep this weekend. I used to wait until the weather was sure to be nice before doing so. When it was my everyday vehicle it was more of a concern to get caught in cold weather or rain. Now, it just sits in the garage so why bother leaving the top on? That’s the best part about Jeeps. Although, my kids are getting too old to fall for the, “Roll up your window!” trick I used to play all the time. Up until about 5 years old they would look at the space where a window normally would be and then look back at me, totally confused. Hee hee, now they just think I’m weird. I guess I should get used to that.

Fej

5 Comments:

Blogger Christie E. Little said...

I'm going to say I'm nervous just thinking about the roof to trampoline idea. LOL...I'd soooo slap you.

LOL...but way cool, huh? I want to try!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

reading this, I think you're both wrapped up in one... your kids are blessed :D (and you get to have a bit of fun yourself.. bwahahaha...)

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for coolest dad! I mean, if your kids were like 3-4 years old, that might a bit iffy, jumping off the roof, but I'm a big believer in kids knowing their own capabilities. Sounds like excellent fun!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

I've missed reading here! Been a little hectic. So the only thing wrong with this post is the lack of pictures of the roof to trampoline maneuver. Then again, that would be "evidence" in some jurisdictions.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Fej said...

C. - You should definietely try it!

Bart - Yeah, I didn't exactly put up a fight and they didn't have to cajole me off the roof either.

Chip - I wouldn't let them try anything I didn't think they could do. But I was a bit frightened at how quickly the younger ones found the courage to jump.

Abby - I have the "evidence" but because of that possibility, I've held off posting it.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home