Sunday, May 22, 2005

Kids and Fire

Is this the third or fourth weekend in a row where I’ve been alone with 5 kids for a significant portion of the time? I don’t remember, I just know that my home is showing the carnage and wreckage that children of that number leave behind and I don’t have enough time during the week to catch up. ::big breath::

It’s not all bad, I’m a sucker of course and say yes whenever someone asks to bring over a friend, cousin, strange kid from the supermarket, just kidding of course. It was just cousins this weekend. I almost had six kids on Saturday afternoon, but my sister must have figured that my 3-year-old niece would have been just a bit too much. My niece was pretty upset but afterwards I realized that she definitely would have pushed me over the edge.

I cleaned. If you could see my home, you would call me a liar. I did though, it’s not nearly as bad as it had been.

I also set my fence on fire. It would have burned to the ground had I not checked one last time before we left for my parent’s house. I had been burning weeds in the back yard and oddly, the spot I was worried about was fine, but another section was smoldering badly. I quickly doused it with water and prevented a potentially rather awkward row with my neighbor. It just looks bad on my side of the fence, not there’s, I think.

Fej

5 Comments:

Blogger Peanutt said...

Having a ton of kids around is great...and stressful! There never really is a time when a house w/children can be clean except right after you clean, and ONLY if they are not home! LOL.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mark Alread said...

When you hear the termites in the wood sizzle you know the fence is well done.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 kids?! I get nervous with the responsibilty. Depends on the age I guess. I laughed about the previous post - such a man thing about the roof and trampoline ;-)

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Setting your fence on fire? Wow, you really are a cool dad! The things we do for our kids...

1:36 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

ya 5 kids is a lot, i am worn out after my one kid has a particularly energetic day.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home