Sunday, February 13, 2005

Boy's Night In

My son is 6 and has one of those laughs that is so pure and genuine that you usually can’t help but to laugh with him, no matter what gets him started. He has actually cracked up an entire movie theater well after the funny part was over, because he’s laughing so hard afterwards.

For boy’s night, my son and I watched the Humpback of Notre Dame last night, the Disney cartoon version of course. It wasn’t the first time he had seen the movie, but it had been so long it might as well have been. When the goat walks under the big bell after eating a bunch of Quasimoto’s figurines, he burps, and it echoes. My son just about fell off the couch he was laughing so hard and so that got me going too. He had me rewind that part over and over until it wore off on me, but he never wavered.

Don’t give me a hard time about picking a Disney flick for boy’s night, that Esmeralda is pretty hot.

My grandfather is a Shriner so we get tickets for the circus every year. The lure of the circus has long worn off on me, I think I was 11 at the time, but since we missed the last year or two my sister and I hauled all our kids there today. I managed to escape without buying the $8 dollar pieces of crap they try to guilt you into for your screaming kids. I did break down and buy five of the silly glow stick things that just last one night, but they were much cheaper.

Then as I was deeply into my surfing and such, came the realization that it was a school night. Damn. That means it’s also a Juror night. I’m almost, not quite but almost, ready to just go back to work. This stupid trial is starting to screw with me. This weekend, I had dreams that we were sequestered, the defendant stood up and confessed, and something else too, but I can’t remember. They were all separate dreams too. Ugh.

Fej

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm not much for the circus either, but the Shriner's do good work. My Dad, my Grandfather, my partner, are all Shriner's. All kids need to go to the circus at least once right?
Happy Valentines Day to you. Hope you have one filled with lot's of love and laughter.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great week ahead :) btw, new link to my blog - www.catchthebullet.com :)

2:35 PM  
Blogger ro said...

You've been writing some interesting things (I especially liked the bit about you talking to yourself in the car). I've been too pooped at night to comment, but I just wanted to leave you with this:

@--->---- Your Valentine Rose.

Happy V. Day!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home