Saturday, February 12, 2005

Sick Cats and Nose Piercings

I lazily bowed out of making breakfast this morning. We had a leisurely brunch and so that took care of lunch too. I let the kids romp around the house for a while after that. My younger daughter had plans to bring a friend over to her mom’s house so she was over there.

One of my cats has been acting oddly lately. First it was extra loud and pronounced meowing and then over the last few days he has hadn’t any voice at all. I didn’t really mind… I decided I should probably take him into the walk in vet that is open on the weekends. Four hours, cat vomit on my seats, cat poop on my carpet, and $140 later we are back. They weren’t 100% what was wrong with my cat but they felt pretty comfortable that it had to do with a urinal tract problem. I am 100% sure that this cat does not travel in cars well. I stuffed him into the cat carrier at first where he proceeded to completely freak out jump around. He seemed to do great when we let him out and he just wondered around eventually settling down. Then as I put the car in park he pukes all over the back seat. I do love leather seats though. He didn’t puke on the way back but I did find droppings all over the back floor area. Luckily they were pretty easy to collect.

He doesn’t like the new and expensive cat food and squirting the antibiotics down his throat is about as much fun as cleaning up his vomit.


I guess my wife pierced her nose tonight. On her own. I’ve known plenty of people who’ve done that actually, back in high school. After I got off the phone my oldest daughter asks me who pierced their nose. I told her that it was her mom. I turned back to the road but then noticed her banging her head on the armrest of the chair. She couldn’t believe her mom did that and mumbled something like, “I don’t believe it...” I just love my oldest daughter and her conservative ways, oh please oh please let her stay like this.

Fej

4 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Very interesting. All of it.

I'm sure have already been told this, but alien spirits descend upon girls during their teenage years. But it sounds like your daughter is a very bright one, and maybe her mom's ways will actually help her be more stable.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Ouch. To both stories.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

She sooooooo gets it! You're poor daughter. I'm guessing, though, that you are not going to have to worry about her getting any nose pierceing during the teenage years. :) Thank God for some blessings.

Time for a little horse.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Nose piercing on a mom. hmmm.
some people never grow up do they? Your daughter will be ambarrased enough by this to ever want to do it herself. whew!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home