Friday, February 11, 2005

Movies and Way Too Much Food.

If I were to list the top 100 movies I’d let my children see, “Alien vs. Predator” ranks somewhere on a totally different list, because I obviously would not let them watch it. I had a pretty good idea where they saw the movie but as I was verbally abusing their mother’s knowledge of the CARA they said it wasn’t their mom’s fault. It was their aunt (my sister-in-law) who in fact put the movie on. I switched my anger towards her and asked how they had time to watch that movie as they had only been there for about a half-hour this afternoon. That’s because it was their aunt who went to their mother’s house and then insisted on watching the movie.

So, now I’m back to cursing (in my own head of course) both women. This crap really gets me mad and I’m going to talk to both of them about it. I don’t really care what a crappy mother they have, that’s no excuse to carry on the tradition to my children, at least not as long as I’m involved.


Our panel has now reached the status of “unusual” according to both our bailiff and our panelist bailiff as well. On top of the leftover’s we already have building up, a full course of Green Chile stew and homemade tortillas, another bag of candy, and a bucket full of more homemade cookies were brought in today. I think I’m just going to stop eating breakfast, I might stop bringing lunch too.

I haven’t drank this much coffee since I was working 50 hours a week and attending 15 hours worth of classes trying to finish my degree. I think it’s starting to work opposite of its original intended purpose though and actually making me tired. There was a point in my life where I could drink two or three cups of coffee and go right to sleep afterwards. I don’t think I’m quite there yet but it brings back memories.


Fej

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

What kind of degree are you working towards?

7:25 PM  
Blogger carissa g. joaquin said...

i know what you mean about the coffee.. i used to have no problem sleeping at night after a cup of coffee.. but then i guess age has something to do with it..lol

9:04 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Too much coffee does that to me too. I drink it all day at work, but if I go beyond a certain threshold, it makes me very sleepy yet jittery at the same time.

11:03 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Ah yes, a scenario I've played out many a time with my son's father... the "you let him watch WHAT?" scene. Sometimes it's amazing to me how people can have such dramatically different ways of thinking (or not thinking) about what's okay for kids.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

Had a big 'ol latte at 5:30 last night, home by 10 and straight to bed. Not one bit o'trouble sleeping.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home