Tuesday, February 08, 2005

And More Civil Service

Things here in Fej land are no less eventfull than normal. But this jury duty stint really has me completely wrapped up right now. I desperately want to talk about it but I’m a good juror, really I am. So, today I found the best medium for venting my feelings and discussing the days events in court. I talk to myself, quite loudly, directly, with all of the emotion of a normal conversation (usually requiring more than one person). Do I do this at home, the restroom or somewhere else where privacy might be somewhat assured? Nope, I found it’s best to do this while driving. I worked out a lot of issues today and feel much more aligned with my concerns involving this case.

I have also found that if your talking to yourself is distracting to other drivers (I noticed a least a few people staring) just pop in your “hands free” device without plugging it into your mobile phone. You are then automatically off the hook for being accused of some sort of multiple personalities disorder.

Our panel was not given any incentive to quiet down today. In fact we found 2 dozen donuts waiting for us upstairs instead. That was completely counterproductive. Although, a donut and coffee in the afternoon does help.

I’ve managed to hold off mentioning her until now but sadly, the pretty panelist is indeed married. Of course I’m still not un-married but that’s not the point. I probably made enough glancing looks towards her prior to knowing her marital status that she is either paranoid or oddly curious. Anyway, now that I know she’s not available I get my courage and can talk to her just as freely as anyone else. I have issues with being single, major issues. Spending all this time downtown doesn’t help. There are so many very pretty women that work there. Sigh.

Fej

8 Comments:

Blogger Carol Davidson said...

You left a nice comment on my blog, so I thought I'd head over and visit yours. Thanks for reading! And good luck with jury duty. My only suggestion is not to stand up in the middle of testimony and scream, "Guilty! He needs to FRY!"

12:22 AM  
Blogger != said...

...Or you could just be singing along to the car radio! ;-)

12:29 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

I lived on ym own for a year and a half and used to talk to myself all the time. So much so that I hardly realised I was doing it. I'd usually catch myself at it while cooking "...and I'll just take this egg and give is a bit of a whisking..."

4:40 AM  
Blogger TMock said...

For some reason this post reminded me of a scene in the movie Office Space where one of the main characters (aptly named Michael Bolton--tee hee!) is rockin' out in his car, the stereo up full blast rappin' along almost as loud as he can.

Good times. ;)

7:50 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

So now you're talking to yourself! LOL. Those others may think your on your hands free...just know that some of us no really know you're a little cooky just like us. :)
C

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's quite common for those with active minds to talk to themselves - I always have, though not out loud so much. I dream a lot too, very vividly. I think there may be a correllation between the two.

Ruth Freudian Slippers

11:05 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

conversations we have with ourselves are the best ones. We never interupt ourselves...and no when to stop before we get ticked off

7:34 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Abby, good advice. I won’t be standing up a yelling anything like that in this trial, everyone is much too serious and I’m sure they would invoke the little “contempt of court” clause they occasionally refer to.

Stan, I’m sure I looked way too serious to get away with blaming it on the radio. Maybe I should just tint the front windows.

Evan, I don’t live by myself, the kids often ask me “Who are you talking to Dad?” At what point do I seek professional advice?

Tina, I loved that movie. I especially loved when the kick the crap out of the copier in the field.

Thoughts, yup, I’m way cooky. I have kids though, that should explain a little of it right?

Melinda, I wasn’t worried before I read your comment…

Ruth, I agree. Have you ever looked into Lucid Dreaming? Interesting stuff.

Suzanne, I totally agree. Once they start to get violent or physical you know it’s just time to walk away.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home