Thursday, August 19, 2004

More fun

The little ones were complaining this morning that mom always drops them off late too school. They’ve only been going for three days so far and one day they were late because of doctor’s appointments. I figure they are probably just exaggerating. I decided to take the whole crew and just barely made it in time thanks to horrific traffic. After further interrogation, it does sound like they have only been on time to school 1 of 3 days so far.

I then get a call during lunch from my wife, she is off to the hospital again and since my mother-in-law doesn’t know where my oldest daughter’s new school is, they need me to pick her up. So I pick her up and head to the little one’s school to meet them so I can get back to work. We walk the whole school, meet up with past and present teachers and they finally show up as I’m driving off with all the kids. No problem, they want to take them shopping.

I suggest that I’ll pick them up before my game but they tell me not to worry and they’ll bring them by later. At approximately one hour past their bedtime, my kids are finally dropped off. They can’t be put to bed right away though because they need to finish dinner. They did buy my children shoes and clothes so I didn’t go postal. I really wanted to though because this has been an issue from day one. Bedtime is no big deal when you sleep until noon or drop the kids back off with their parents. I digress…

I am really enjoying my new gas guzzling SUV. It drives great, the AC works, CD player works, has power, and even the nay-sayers at work are rather surprised at its gas mileage so far. I have also already driven nearly 700 miles in about 11 days. This is not typical for me but everyday I seem to have another reason to drive across town. Today, besides double trips to the kids’ schools, I had to pick my wife up from the ER. Don’t be too alarmed, this is at least a semi-monthly event. She is bi-polar and also a hypochondriac. The ER that the ambulance dropped her off at was of course, across town. If you think I’m just being insensitive and crass, this is the 4th or 5th ambulance ride she has had in the last two months. Not one of them has resulted in a hospital admission or anything more than additional painkillers.

I’ve vented and should go to bed, after just one more game of Yeti.

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home