Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Lucid Dreaming

I think it's about time I get to bed. I just felt like posting something else beforehand. I think my free site counter isn't working. I do some programming as a part of my job and I think it's an integer \ # decimal places after 0 thing. The "26" I saw, must just be the limited version of 2,600 or 26,000. I guess if you want the good stuff you have to pay for it...

Anyone heard of lucid dreaming? I recently caught something about this on a web-site (before I was blogging) and read up on it. I really do think this is something I do on a regular basis. Anyone else ever experience something like this? It's where you are dreaming and without waking up, can semi-consciously take control of the dream. For example, after your first cup of coffee at work and on your way to the bathroom, you notice you are butt naked. In a normal dream, you freak out and run streaking through the hallway, the floor turns to rubber, you are hardly moving, everyone is watching etc. In a lucid dream, you are still naked, still at work, but begin discussing (to yourself) the logistics of what's happening: so, I didn't notice the fact that I am completely naked until after my first cup of coffee??? Have you ever driven barefoot? You notice that kind of thing, don't you think you'd take note of the lack of your undergarments as you commented on the awkward use of a stiff clutch (subtle reference to my not-sold Jeep) barefoot? Well, with lucid dreams logic comes into play and you begin to exert some control over the outcome and direction of the dream. It's not like consciousness by any means, but at some point you recognize the ridiculousness of the dream and start to replay it over and over until it goes right or at least makes a little more sense.

At least, that's the stage I'm at. I don't always dream lucidly, but I'd say at least several times a week. I remember reading that you can work at it and use it productively in your life. I can honestly say I have had a few examples of that, but they are of so little consequence I'd only pass them on if someone really wanted to know.

I've gone on longer than anyone of my 26,000 + readers would like me to, so I'll take that as my cue to sign off.


Fej.

3 Comments:

Blogger Faisal ... said...

Hi Fej

I never had a lucid dream (as far as I can recall) but i do have strange dreams when i cannot control myself at all. Very interesting article.

Thanks for your post and support. I hope that you do not mind that I add a link to your blog.

Faisal

9:48 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Faisal,

Thanks for your feedback. I don't mind you setting a link to my blog, I'd like to do the same for yours as soon as I figure out how.

Fej.

1:51 PM  
Blogger cmhl said...

I see you got your counter working--- I have never been able to get my to show up on my page. oh well!!!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home