Monday, June 28, 2004

The handover

I was pleased to hear that sovereignty was passed to the Iraq's today. When they will truly be sovereign is yet to be seen. With 150,000 U.S. soldiers sitting around it's difficult to make such a claim. I don't advocate that the soldiers be pulled immediately, that could be more disastrous still. We can no longer debate whether the U.S. invasion is justified; we need to concentrate on the best way to get them out.

I have suggestions of course given my broad experience, not. The best bet is to reduce the American presence as much as possible but provide the interim government with military backing they will need. The key is to provide support, backing, and assistance if necessary. When we step in and tell them they are doing the wrong thing, it won't matter if we are right or not. They will only see us as unable to relinquish power and the Iraqi government will lose face. This will only lead to more instability.

Okay, that's enough from me. Apparently I have more to say on this than I expected. I hope everyone’s day went well, if you know someone who wants to buy my Jeep please forward him or her to me.

Broke and loving it,


Fej

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home