Monday, June 21, 2004

New York Times

How many of you view the NYT web page? Have you noticed that there are daily, or at the very least multiple weekly headline articles that feature China? At the very least in reference to Asia but almost always with some link to China. I have, I've been using them as my homepage (from work) for several years now. Typically the articles are in a favorable light to the Chinese people, or more appropriately to the US. It's almost like a direct advertising campaign is going on or some serious propaganda. Like I've mentioned, I've been to China several times, and propaganda is their specialty. So to complain that the a US newspaper is countering the communist's efforts would not be a surprising effort.

Has anyone else noticed this? Would anyone speculate on if this is driven by the NYT or our government, or China's or what?

Fej.

p.s. Things are just as screwed up as ever in my world, that's why I enjoy delving into others so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home