Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Uncle Fej

Toys moved. Markers were used. I had to make dinner for people other than myself and my cats. I’m missing a remote. My kids still aren’t here. What happened you ask? I’ll tell you this, if my sister wasn’t such a good sister and hadn’t helped me out a million times before, I would have never agreed to watch her kids tonight. Sigh

I played lumberjack a bit more tonight too. I chopped down and pulled the stump of a once beautiful willow tree in my backyard. It was a fabulous tree, the branches were so thick and hung so low a person could easily hide inside. Then. It died. I thought I killed it with weed and feed but I’ve since learned it was those stupid grubs that also destroyed my lawn. That I’m probably going to get fined for since I haven’t removed any surpluss grass from my yard yet. And I’m out of town for the next two weekends.

My grandfather tasked me with picking up a new motorcycle or four-wheeler for the kids to use at the cabin. I need to do this by Friday afternoon as my dad and I are heading back up to Colorado this weekend. What was supposed to be six days to myself (well I still had to go to work), turned into four, and then three minus tonight. Which leaves just tomorrow night left. Oh well, I'm off to Vegas the weekend after, I can live vicariously through myself then possibly.

Fej

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

How much will they fine you? That's amazing. People here pay ridiculous amounts of money to try to get more grass, or get their grass to grow. It's too bad you couldn't just ship it out here, it'd be a win-win for everyone.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

You sooooo jinxed yourself! That's all I can say on the subject. You silly silly man, don't you know by now when it's going good..you don't mention it! That just jinxes it!

Happy motorcycle shopping!
XOXO
C

7:06 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I love willows. They are so incredibly beautiful! You mean to tell me Grubs ate it? omg! I didn't know they could do that!

Happy Motorcycle shopping! Get a Honda...they're indestructable.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Peanutt said...

Awww, what a sad loss on the willow tree! They are beautiful trees!
What a great uncle you are! I know the "lost remote" feeling! Life almost ends when you lose them!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Fej said...

Diva, I don't know how much the fine might be, I think I get a second warning first. I hope.

C, Yes, I did jinx myself. I hate shopping, even for motorcycles. It's a frigging commodity, why the hell I have to bargain for it boggles my mind...

Suzanne, It really was a beautiful tree. I should post before and after pictures. I don't know for sure if the grubs did it, but the timing seems right.

Peanutt, It was really just that my sister doesn't get to go out much either, and she helps me all the time.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home