Thursday, May 26, 2005

Off to Colorado

I have been Internet free for the last several hours. For once I could not blame my provider either. This time it was my kids... Yes, I left them at home this morning as a first day at home alone during the summer, and sure enough; the back door was unlocked, the trash was in full reach of the dog, the radio was still on, several lights were still on, and the internet no longer worked.

I spent the evening cleaning and preparing for our trip tomorrow. We head up to Vallecito Colorado tomorrow to open up my grandfather’s cabin for the summer. I’ve been doing this (well not always the working part) my whole life. My great grandfather built the cabin in the 50’s and I’ve been going up every year of my life. I guess we have a damaged chimney and porch (due to the huge snowfall this year), a downed tree, and a swelling river. Hopefully the banks will hold the river in.

My wife took the kids to a graduation party this afternoon. Or as I learned this afternoon, they were just leaving. The party was at a Indian reservation somewhere else in the state other than here. I had to pick them up at 10:30 PM tonight since “they just couldn’t make it to the house”.

Anyhow, I fixed the Internet after the lady asked, “Is there anyone there computer savvy enough to reinstall the modem driver?” A statement like that is enough to drive me to solve any problem. It was rather complicated after all, but mostly because of the advice they gave me initially. If this happens again, I can fix it immediately. Losers.

I’ll be back Monday evening, without kids. Yes, my psycho mother has volunteered to keep my kids up there until the following Sunday. OMG! What the heck am I going to do for nearly six days without kids? I have no idea, I could use suggestions, don’t suggest cleaning, otherwise I’ll never visit your blog again. Even though I really should clean.

See you in a few days, have a good weekend.

Fej

7 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

No kids seems like an ideal time to wander around butt nekkid and gorge yourself on junk food that you don't want them eating. Swear loads, have mates round for boozing and cards and genrally make a pig of yourself. That's what I would do.

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing how much havoc a few kids can wreak when no adults are around isn't it. And how they always manage to mess up the computer somehow...

That sounds like a great cabin! Have a good weekend. As for a kid-free week, I find that just sitting around in peace and quiet is like a vacation in itself. Enjoy!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

You guys are such guys..lol!! Now if you were a woman (or crazy like me) you'd clean before you left on your trip, so when you got home the house was nice, clean, and cozy. LOL. Well, you're not and you're a guy...so enjoy the quiet time. On the other hand you could always ask the SIL where she's working and take the work buddies for a night of stripping.!!!!!

Yes, I'm being such a smartass. You know me, though....someone has to be a smartass!
XOXO
C

8:15 AM  
Blogger Bart Treuren said...

I live in a household with four women who, if I dare mention TCP/IP, modem drivers or email protocols, will just look at me blankly and ask when will the computer be up and running again...

thank heavens my G4 PowerBook is beyond all realms of fantasy here ;-)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh the mountains! Sounds like fun! I so miss the mountains here in Michigan. I will get to see them again in August when I go to Utah for a couple weeks.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Carol Davidson said...

Have a great trip, and enjoy your week! I expect daily pictures posted during your solo week of all the debauchery.

7:57 PM  
Blogger brokenangel said...

I'm a woman and there is NO way that I would clean until about day 4 of no kids. I would sleep when I want, eat what I want and MAYBE watch something on TV that I wanted to watch. No kids shows, no walking around the house singing the name game because that's the last song your child listened to in the car, but blasting the music and television and letting the house go to pot with MY dirt for a change. But hey, that's just me. ;)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home