Monday, July 19, 2004

Little Things

It’s the little things that really get to me.  People who know me will say that I am a very passive and understanding person.  People who know me well will say I demonstrate these traits to a fault.  Give me impatient and frustrating people, major life changing events, stress at work, and just about any other normally distressing event and I can wade right through it.  All right, I deal well, better than most people do at least.  Start tacking on the little normally incidental events and I seem to fall apart.

So, our soccer game started it all off.  We played very well over all but ended up losing anyway by 3 points.  We dominated the whole game, but couldn’t seem to score.  I was frustrated with myself for missing an easy shot.  Then that I felt I could have done more to stop a few of their goals while I was playing defense.  Normally not a big deal, but I was starting to get bugged.  
I forgot my sandals (again) so I had to wear my cleats for another hour of rounding up kids and driving home.  So, my feet are killing me. 
 
As my regular readers know (that would just be me) I’ve been trying to sell my Jeep for some time.  So, at McDonalds while in the drive through, a guy stops to ask about it.  He seems real interested, but of course he has to start asking me questions as I begin to order.  I try to rattle off a few perks but the drive through guy thinks I’m talking to him and the kids are shouting orders so I try to signal him to give me a minute but of course he’s gone once I’m done ordering.  Could he have just stopped 1 minute earlier or 1 minute later?  Oh well, I suppose that if he were really interested he’d have waited up. 
 
Then of course every little thing at that point was just salt in the wound.  The kids seem to know that when I need to relax and have some time to myself, do just the opposite.  No sooner was I in the house, but all 3 were in my room complaining, generally talking, or asking some odd ball question.  My dog and one of my cats joined in and I was pretty sure the walls were actually closing in at that point.  I just wanted to change my clothes, nothing else.  I know, I know, no big deal.  All it takes though is a little string of events like this to just really get under my skin.

I reminded the kids that they were starving just minutes ago and I did just buy them a supposed favorite food.  That distracted them temporarily.  I survived and they are asleep.  My Jeep hits the classifieds again tomorrow at a lower price.  My feet feel better.

I am on, wait… finished my second beer and it does help to write this stuff down. 

Fej.

2 Comments:

Blogger Faisal ... said...

Courage Fej

It sometimes happen to me. I think it's because the small things pile up to big things.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

By the time 9:30 comes around and the kids are in bed...I sometimes feel like I've run a 3 hour marathon. I don't know what I'm gonna do when they get too old for bedtimes. Wait...maybe that's why my mother always went to her room early...she was running away from her teenages. :-)

And you're selling your jeep? AUGH! Don't do it. I so want one. Impractical yes, but damn I bet they are fun!
-K.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home