Friday, July 16, 2004

Friday Night

Well, it's Friday night finally.  For a four-day week, it sure took forever to end.  At work, things finished up rather well.  I came up with a process that we might even try to patent.  To bad we don't have the nice IP dinners anymore, but it would be nice to finally get my name on a patent and not just a disclosure. 

If I suddenly seem to disappear from blog land, it's not because I'm the only one reading this stuff, it's because my fossil of a PC has finally decided to leave this world.  I had quite the struggle today despite a successful scandisk and defrag last night. 


So, after reading Jeff Shara's Rise to Rebellion, I've been on a kick to read about the revolutionary era.  I'm reading a biography about John Adam's and now I find myself more interested in his wife.  Holy crow, is Abigail Adams an amazing woman or what?  If I found a modern day version of her I'd turn to a spineless pile of goo right then and there.  Of course, that would totally disappoint her but I'd try to keep the puddle of goo thing to just to an initial reaction. 


For those of you somewhat familiar with her, she is not renowned for her looks.  Not to say that she was ugly by any means but her outstanding qualities that won friendship and affection of the likes of Thomas Jefferson and multiple other dignitaries of the time had nothing to do with her looks.  What does this say about me?  Apparently I've reached a point where I value a woman's intellect more than her appearance.  Don't believe for a minute that when a beautiful woman passes me by I won't slip and fall due to my own drool, but it's just an initial reaction.  I've been disappointed too many times, yet where initially I thought I was so fortunate.  I can think of several women where upon first glance, I had wished that I could only get to know her.  Then, I did get to know them (on a few occasions had the opportunity to do more) and found myself in the awkward position of realizing that their outward appearances could not make up for deficiencies inside. 


Don't think for a moment that I believe women can't be beautiful inside and out at the same time, but I am smart enough to realize that these women are going to be viscously sought after and difficult to find.  The one woman I've found that fits this description has eluded me by no efforts of her own for a long time.  Now that I could pursue her, I'm not sure she would want me.  I'm also not sure if I want her.  It's complicated, an entire blog of it's own....

So, I've gone on more than I should as usual.  I'm feeling better now, I guess everyone needs to wallow in his or her own mire at some point.  I'm not out of the bog just yet, but I've got a good view of where I need to go.  It will not be a path void of obstacles or obstructions, but if it were an easy road, the trip itself would not be worth of mention and little would be learned.

 
Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home