Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Normal night

Tonight was nothing short of normal.  Actually, dinner was a bit different in that (sad, but at my kid’s request) we had a family dinner.  I do feed my kids on a regular basis.  It’s healthy, they’ve survived this long, but usually I’m a short order cook making everything from pancakes to quesadilla’s and serving them all in front of Cartoon Network on the coffee table.
 
So, I broke down and made them all eat the same thing at the table.  Now, I’m out of ideas because they are the pickiest children on the face of the earth and I’ve now served the one meal that they all like.
 
I’m confident my Jeep will sell this week.  I’ve lowered the price and I’m approaching being desperate.  Actually, I’m way past desperate, but to sell a family member it’s not easy.  Everyone who knows me well has actually gasped when I told him or her I was selling it.  They think I’m crazy, but I now realize that I’d be truly crazy to keep it.  It’s like an extension of me… I’ve laughed, loved, cried, bled, puked, and everything else I can think of with that Jeep.

My Dad once told me he had a 69 Mustang he bought brand new.  When I was old enough to appreciate it, he showed me a picture.  I wanted to pummel him for selling it at the time (because I wanted it) and his only reason was because I was on the “way”.  Now, many years later, I understand all too well.   I'm selling my Jeep well after my kids were on the "way", but it's still not easy. 

Fej.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home